Thursday 25 February 2010

Bead on a Wire


Its always a challenge trying to find some original way of presenting your beads (or bead). I saw this in a magazine and thought I would give it a go. The only wire work I have ever done in the past is some viking knitting (courtesy of Dizzy Di) and doing basic links for my jewellery but I thought this looked kind of cool. Sadly mine doesn’t quite match the standard of that shown in the magazine. But I am rightly impressed with my newbie efforts! When I can perfect it it will be a great way of showcasing a focal bead in a pendant.

Apart from it hurting your fingers a bit (I’m probably doing it wrong) and chipping my french manicure badly, it is really good fun and my mind is spinning with what I can achieve in the future with these techniques. I’m going to have to look for a workshop that I can go to to develop some basic skills. I saw a lovely wirework bail the other week when I was at Kate Sullivan’s (Sublime Beads) and then saw this article and once again there is another skill I want in my toolbag.

Does it ever end?

No comments:

Post a Comment